Monday, November 29, 2010

Talking on the Phone

People don't especially enjoy talking to me on the phone. They're either annoyed or find it kind of funny. the thing is, I'm never entirely sure what to tell them.  A typical conversation will go like this:


'Hi!
-hello.
'How have you been doing?'
-fine.
'What have you been up to? How is school coming along?'
-fine.
'Are you still making good grades?'
-sure.
'How's your brother?'
-he's fine. . .


The conversation will continue like this until the caller on the other end finally realizes that I'm not going to elaborate or ask about them at all. I don't mean to come across as rude, but sometimes I honestly don't care or I feel annoyed/threatened because they feel they have the to ask generic questions over a phone and talk like . I've been trying to improve my phone etiquitte, but when the oppertunity presents itself, I resort to my one word answers and pray for the line to suddenly cut off to save me from the awkward good bye I know is coming.


I wish I was a people person, but at the same time, I'm really glad I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment